This qualification provides an occupational outcome and a range of support tasks applicable to a majority of construction work sites.
The qualification has core units of competency that are required in many Certificate III qualifications. The elective options are structured to allow choice from a range of units aligned at Certificate III level and in total could provide meaningful credit in a construction industry Australian Apprenticeship.
The construction industry strongly affirms that training and assessment leading to recognition of skills must be undertaken in a real or very closely simulated workplace environment and this qualification requires all units of competency to be delivered in this context.
Completion of the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2007) is required before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement.
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2005B Use construction tools and equipment
- CPCCCM2006B Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
- CPCCCO2013A Carry out concreting to simple forms
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- RIICCM210A Install trench support
- TLILIC2001A Licence to operate a forklift truck
- CPCCCM2002A Carry out excavation
- CPCCCM2007B Use explosive power tools
- CPCCCM2008B Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
Please contact Admin Staff for more information at 1300 GO SITS (1300 467 487).